Thursday 28 July 2016

After 15 hours of travel, I have arrived to Rio!  The US rowing and gymnastics team were on the flight, along with a couple of athletes from the Philippines.  Kind of cool!  I was very happy to be joined on the flight with my fellow Canadian official, Steve Seibel, as it's always nice to find one's way to the accreditation process, bag collection, then locating transport to our hotel "with" someone else instead of alone.  We get to our temporary hotel near the airport only to have USAIN BOLT walk right past us!  WHAAAAAAAT! The fastest man on the planet is the FIRST athlete I see who I recognize!  How incredible is that!  Off to meet the other officials for lunch before we all head to the hotel where we will begin our 5 day training session.  More to come!!!

6 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me, Usain Bolt! My head would be spinning. Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Karen!!! Exciting to be in Rio! Enjoy the experience!! When do y'all kick off with games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Games begin on August 6th. Opening ceremonies on the 5th. We head back to Rio from training camp on the 3rd and head to Olympic Hotel.

      Delete
  3. STFD!!! BOLT?!?!?!? THAT's soooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet he had the coolest shoes!!! Soooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete