Friday 29 July 2016

Completed first day of training camp.  Consisted of an 8am morning run and stretch for 40 minutes, mechanics discussions, group work assignments, and team work activities to help us strategize as a small group and figure out a given scenario/problem.  Was really neat!  Very good way to get to know one another and feel comfortable problem solving on the court.

The weather is a little cooler than we all expected, albeit it it's winter here.  That said, daily forecast is supposed to be 25-28 celcius, cooling off to 20-22 at night .....there is NO WAY it's that warm.  End of the day, doesn't really matter as we are not outside much of the day anyways as it's all business right now.

Four more days of training then we'll be on our way back to Rio to the Olympic hotel.  The opening ceremonies are on the 5th am I'm told by members of the officiating group here who have experienced it before, it's absolutely amazing to be a part of.  I can hardly wait....but I can wait to see the "uniform" we are receiving to wear!  If it's anything like the "flight attendant" uniform I received at the Universiade Games in Russia, I may have to cry:)  I know there will be requests for a photo of me in whatever catastrophe we receive!

Day is done and I am still fried from a bit of jet-lag, so signing off to have an early night in prep for another full and exciting day tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Karen, great to follow along but in yesterday's post it was not clear who was faster Seibel or Bolt. Inquiring minds need to know. Please clarify (not really).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to see the uniform. Inside I'm really hoping it is the flight attendant one. Thank you for blogging this experience and letting us share a bit of it with you. Best of luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see which airline you are working for this time.

    ReplyDelete