Sunday 7 August 2016

Day off was relaxing!  Only downfall was I set up my day to purposefully to head to the "megastore" at the Olympic Park for souvenir shopping just prior to watching the Spain vs. Croatia men's game...but the wind was so bad earlier today it ripped holes in the roof of the store!  They closed it down for repairs and it is not open until tomorrow.  That said, I can make my way there as I have the last game of the day tomorrow - China vs. Senegal Women @ 7:45pm.

Many games were close today -in particular the Spain/Croatia men's game.  The game ending play with a 1 point difference was Spain with the ball (specifically Gasol who was hot all night) who in spite of being triple teamed, had a very nice open look at the basket.  As he released the ball, which looked like it was going in, one of the Croatia players came out of nowhere and literally "swatted" his shot out of the sky!  It was amazing!!!!!

Even more amazing was the dance the Olympic mascot did during one of the quarter breaks.....Made me laugh!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment