Thursday 11 August 2016

Good Day from Rio!  The competition is well under way and the games are more and more exciting!  I have to say, the Brazilian fans are absolutely amazing!  They are so very passionate for their teams, but also support and cheer for other teams who are playing as well!  So very incredible to be a part of!

Our Canadian women's team is playing well so far and will face their toughest challenge tomorrow against the USA.  I watched the US play yesterday; what an incredible squad!  They move the ball so well and know exactly where each other are on the court, or are going to be at every moment!  Completely impressive to watch!

I have Brasil vs. France today, which of course will be super exciting because the fans will bring down the house as they have been doing all tournament long!

I have yet to get in to watch other sports, however a few of my ref buddies have simply walked in without a ticket by showing our reffing credential - they saw Serena Williams lose in tennis and Michael Phelps win the 100m Gold Medal.  I'm envious!  But I WILL get to see something for sure before I leave!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Karen looks like you are having a blasts!! Do you know the day before when you ref? If so can you post it please :). We are trying to watch you and we are always too late.
    Thanks JD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey JD...we don't know until literally 10 or 11pm the night before. Just the way it rolls:)

      Delete
  2. Well done! We watched you on the big screen at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are well protected and all is going well...been some crazy moments for sure and some "cowardly" ones today apparently:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.L or should I say Karen. It has only been 20+ years since you inspired me in sport. I am so proud of you, enjoy every minute of Rio!!! Way to go!
    An old student,
    Stefanie Dawson-Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete