Monday 8 August 2016

Today was a success in two areas!  1.  I was able to get in to the "megastore" and get some shopping done!  Finally!!!!!!  2.  Canada Women beat Serbia in a very close game...well Canada was down substantially but came back to win!  Huge for them and puts them in a really good position for the next round.

The Olympics are in full swing and I must say, it still feels surreal to me.  Maybe I'll actually come to realize it's for real at some point, but I certainly don't want this ride to end!  The hustle and bustle of fans (and I must say the Brazilians support every sport, every team like no other country I have witnessed) including some serious die hards (see photo below...woman from Los Angeles).  Had to have my picture with her as her outfit was AWESOME!
The many volunteers who are working hard to put this event on and take care of everyone are doing an amazing job!  They are so helpful, kind, and in abundance to make sure everyone who is here attending sports as a fan, official, coach, etc are well taken care of.  It's really something....and the media tried to make it sound like they could not pull it off.  Well I have news for them; they have been outstanding from everything I have personally witnesses.
Tomorrow I am standby for the Brazil vs. Belarus game.  It will be loud and exciting.  Think I might need ear plugs for that one!  

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear some positives about the Rio Games, the media really tries hard to find the next big flop. Embrace the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I have yet to meet you but I hope I will someday. I am an official in the ABOA for the past 5 years and am thrilled to see a lady from the ABOA nominated for Rio. I will be watching and following your blog.
    Cheers and best of luck.
    Thirza Johnson.

    ReplyDelete