Wednesday 17 August 2016

WICKED SHOT!
Okay, handball is CRAZY!  What a great sport to watch live!  Those guys are HUGE.....and beat the crap out of one another!  So very awesome to see this sport live!  I didn't have a clue what was going on aside from the fact that you can pretty much beat the TAR out of someone and get away with it!
The court is not overly large either!  Imagine these guys going at each other like freight trains!  YIKES!
FACIAL!!!!!

I lucked out and got to move down behind Slovania's goal and look what I ended up beating someone up in the stands to make my own.....
Okay....the beating up part was a lie!  I just had to grab it out from under a foot!  Cool keepsake though!

I will be working the USA vs. France semi-final tomorrow at 7:00pm.  Even though the US has been pretty much crushing all opponents, I'm super excited to work them as they are in a league of their own!  Will be a great experience!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to watching the game, have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Congrats!! Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen;

    First, congratulations on an Olympic semi-final! Well deserved. Work hard and have fun.

    Second, I saw Handball when I was in London in 2012. I agree - what an awesome and crazy sport. The one thing I recall from an officiating perspective is that during the game, one of the coaches was "acting up" and it looked like the "game director" came from the scorer's table, lectured him and he sat down. We need to consider this for FIBA.

    Cheers,

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Semi game Karen!!! Hopefully you get the GOLD as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the semi Karen. Great job!! Thanks for all the updates. What a blast!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the Semi. You are awesome! Q

    ReplyDelete