Monday 15 August 2016

This delicious Brazilian staple is called a "Caipirinha".  It's made with 2 ounces of Cachaca, 2 tsp of sugar, and 4 lime wedges that are muddled and blended with ice and mint.  These babies are one of the most delicious bevvies one could every drink.  I highly recommend them...however be careful....they sneak up on you and punch you right in the face when you least expect it! If you are not a rum fan, don't worry.......they are just as good with vodka!  I have been wise and have stayed away from them until today (bad memories from Pan Am Games in 2007) but had to indulge while on the Copacabana Beach today. Look terrible huh!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, drinking on the most beautiful beach in the world, the horror, the torture.....for us! Do you think those would taste as good with tequila??? MMMMMM, they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can definitely make them with Tequila!!! We'll have to make that happen for sure!

      Delete
    2. Don't make this glorious drink with Tequila, to do so is to disrespect the Cachaça gods...lolol

      Delete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try and recreate...perhaps I will have perfected by camp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hold you to it my friend as I will want one for sure!

      Delete
  3. Wow - Awesome game!!! Great Job Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to reach through my screen with a straw. Only peeked in on a bit of your game this AM but it all looked under control.

    ReplyDelete