Sunday 14 August 2016

Finally had a moment to get out and see another sport...and with my buddy Kathy who came all the way from Edmonton to support me at the Olympics!

USA was playing Great Britain if you can't tell from the photo...LOL!  What a crazy sport....rock hard ball - rock hard sticks, and only mouth guards, shin pads and skirts!  Yikes!  No thank you!  I tell you what though.....WOW are these women FIT!  There can't be 5 ounces of body fat between the entire team!  Totally impressive!
Thank goodness Kathy knows the rules to the sport as I would have no idea otherwise!
This woman to the right was drilled which is why she's in a puddle on the ground.  Not as crazy as handball (which I would of loved to have played about 25 years ago) but still fairly rough!  So very neat to see some of these sports live!

Last day of preliminary play and our Canadian women have a very important game today against Spain.  This will determine who finishes second to the USA in their pool and be critical when they cross over for play-offs!  If Canada plays the way they can play, they should be able to come out with a win.

Oh, and for those who like to enjoy a cold one at any game, check out the really cool collectible cups you get.  Just to confirm...this is NOT MY BEER!  I am taking the picture of someone else's cup as it's totally cool!  I had to beg to get them to let me have the cup as a souvenir!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE team handball. I know none of the rules. It reminds me of some game that would be played in a kids' PE class. They are super athletic and I don't know how they do that stuff. Glad you got to enjoy that event. Good luck the rest of the way. I've been watching your ass on replay when I miss the live game. Looking good and so interesting to watch the dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... Can't wait to hear all the stories when you are back. Been catching your games online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories for you guys...

    ReplyDelete